Thursday 3 January 2013

Now it's Personal!

Sure, we tell family, we boast to friends and wax lyrical to our old customers. But, well ...... now we are on TV! Now it's REAL! Sure, once you spend $10,000 on a motorbike, another $4000 on the necessary equipment you would be thinking to yourself, "hey, I'm gonna do this". But somewhere deep down there's another voice saying "yea, right, YOU, ride around the world, keep dreamin".

It's the same voice that stops us from uncovering our true dreams and following them.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm as cynical as the next fellow. Don't believe what you read. Propaganda and all that. But now WE are on the idiot box (please don't make any assumptions here) so it MUST be real. While it was playing on the nightly news we had the real estate photographer here doing her thing. And I think she was quite impressed, maybe I heard her call me 'sir' after that but I'm sure Carlie would have a different recollection of things. In the cold light of morning, and once again watching the video, we now call each other 'adventurers', I'm "A1" and Carlie is "A2" - hey, I'm the one doing all the steering.

Thanks Matt from WINTV for doing such a great job. He and Namok have become friends just as we are leaving, it's always the way. I'm sure they will be out there before long on their own adventure.

Until next time ........

No comments:

Post a Comment